Food … and FUN!
The Yakima Area Arboretum is hosting activities for kids this year. Here are some of the things they’re planning:
- A “discovery” sand pit — a children’s pool filled with sand and hidden treasures.
- Going on a smart-phone scavenger hunt.
- Exploring a hands-on touch table with animal skulls. (Might want to have them wash their hands before they hit the sample line again.)
- Another touch table where kids can try to identify various types of cones.
- A tree-cookie table where kids can create necklaces featuring their own animal names.
- Plans also call for a leaf-tracing and labeling table
For more details, check the information table on the Arboretum’s Nature Day Camp web page.